Beefcake's Various Ramblings

Fantasy sports and putting people in the proverbial BOX!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

F-ing Injuries

Well, I finished second in my Yahoo fantasy basketball league, due largely to a string of injuries. I lost 3 categories to 6 with the closest lost being rebounds by 3. Considering that Lebron missed 3 games, Gerald Wallace missed 2 and Ricky Davis missed 5, I think having any of them completely healthy would have made up the difference. The most disappointing part though was that I lost 3-pointer by 9, only hitting 35 in a week and a half of games. The prior week/game totals for my team were 46, 43, 46, 52, and 43. So, to only make 35 in 10 days was pretty BS. So, 3 more rebounds (for a tie) and a normal performance for 3-pters would have tied the total at 4 wins 4 loses and 1 tie. I held the tie breaker (points scored during the period). Oh well.

As for fantasy baseball advice here's one hot player.

Kevin Youkilis 1B/3B- .354 1 HR, 10 RBI, 9R, 0 SB
This guy has two position elligibilty, hits at the top of the Boston order, and has a .448 OBP. He is going to help average and runs for sure. His RBI totals are impressive for a leadoff spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home